Saturday, October 01, 2005

It's Getting Colder in Prague, But It's Nice Here

It's October already and it's getting much colder than when I first flew here. The other day it must have dropped to some where in the low forties (fahrenheit) because for once we actually needed something warm to wear. On the upside though we have had some nice warm (mid seventies) weekends where we would acually be able to do something.

The sky in Prague is amzing, there isn't much smog and it's almost always clear, except when it isn't. So even when it's cold out we don't notice as much because the sky is so nice.

When it's warmer, we have a lot of birds in the garden outside our flat. Some are big dun colored birds with blue and black stripes on their wings, others are tiny with a yellow breast and a blackcapped, white face. The former glides through the trees and never walks but hops around on the ground like the sparrows in Southern California. The latter flits through the bushes and sometimes lands on the window sill. We're thinking of getting some birdseed to encourage them to land there more often.

I miss my family and friends back in L.A., even though it's so nice out here.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Tara H. said...

:-)

Hi, Jacob.

You've just reminded me how much I need a vacation from smogsville!

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Tara H. said...

P.S. I'm glad to see you're updating your blog more often than your mom.

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Kate said...

We miss you too! Woodsey is almost all healed...just a little more and he'll be right as rain! He HATES the head cone he has to wear so he doesn't lick it. But, in Woodsey style, he's taking it like the liad back Californian that he is.

There are HUGE fires in LA right now. I'll send an email with a pic of Woodsey in his cone and the fire so you can see what's goin' on there. Sarah says the smoke is so heavy that she lays in bed with a wet washcloth over her face so she can breathe. Nasty!

Love you so much. Have you started with your math and science tutors and your Cello yet? What books has Mama given you to read to work on your English? Fill me in on all the details.

Love

2:20 PM  
Anonymous rcjohnso said...

Hey J,
Now that you're in Prague and I'm spending a lot of time in NY, there's really no need for Los Angeles anymore. So I had them set it on fire. Figured it would simplify things. Sorry bout the smoke, Sarah.

Keep postin, you're kicking your mom's butt.

12:48 PM  
Blogger crazyjaneski said...

I'm letting him win, Rian. Geez!

3:40 AM  
Anonymous jp said...

Oh please don't even start mom! You know I'm winning fair and square!


lololololol.... Yeah L.A.'s overrated


Well Kate she's MADE me read The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka, not a book I want to read again, and she MADE me read The Castle of Otranto, easily the most melodramatic book I have ever read. I mean I think I'm gonna get PMSD (Post Melodramatic Stress Dissorder).
Now I have a Choice between Plato's Phaedo and Charles Darwin's The Origin of Species, the latter of which I started to read and found to be very good, Rachel you should read it.

I haven't started math, science, or cello but I have started French lessons and we are loking for teachers for all the other subjects.

Well Sarah, hopefully your house won't burn down.... just think of have to save all those movies... oh right, and your pets and brother

5:59 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Rain, I should have know it was you that set the fires! Typical. And please, Jacob, you know the movies would be the first things saved from my burning house. Zak and the pets will have to fend for themselves.

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and we miss you too!

------unknown( but id love to see you guess jacob.hehehe)

4:33 PM  
Blogger J.P. said...

hmmmm that's true, maybe the pets would do Zach the favor of saving him.

hmmmmmmm, I don't know

11:50 PM  
Anonymous jacobfan said...

OMG! You are sooooo cute!
and totaly...do you have a girlfriend already?

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ANSWER THE QUESTION!

9:36 PM  
Blogger J.P. said...

oh dear...

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home