Monday, October 03, 2005

IKEA-land/Our Flat

First of all you have to know that our flat is like an IKEA showroom that's been put in a building and called a flat. I'm not joking. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING is from there: all the floors, all the counter tops, tiling, the entire bathroom, the cupboards, the lights, and the doors. Thus when we started furnishing it we went to IKEA, and now the wide range of furniture my mom and I have are chairs, beds, and kitchen ware, though we will get a rug soon (so exciting!).

OMG! We Have A CHAIR!

Today my mom went to teach her one of her favorite students, Pavel, and he asked her if she wanted to or needed to go shopping for things to go in our flat, she did and they went to guess where.... IKEA, and bought one more chair, now we have three, and the foot rest that went with it. It's the first padded thing we've had in our flat, other than our beds. Needless to say we fought over who had the right to sit in it first, she won *sniff*, but I got her off of it by saying "What's that? I think you got an e-mail!" and then I got to sit on it and read.... and read... and read... etc.

I love IKEA.

12 Comments:

Anonymous grace said...

cute!
the chair imean.:-)
lol

grace

4:22 PM  
Blogger J.P. said...

thanx :-)

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Maybe you should get a padded side table to put that plant on, then you could have 2 pieces of padded furniture.

11:25 AM  
Blogger J.P. said...

a padded side table?

12:17 PM  
Anonymous rcjohnso said...

FUN CRAFT TIME: Collect about a dozen of those little Ikea hexagonal wrench tools. When you have enough of them, string them together into a decorative necklace! When you realize the necklace looks really lame, melt it down and make a statue of ME.

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Clara said...

Hey Jacob! We all miss you here in LA, but it sounds like you are doing many interesting things, things that I would love to do! how on earth did you manage to get that bread from the bakery (without speaking the language I mean)? I think you have a really cool writting style, very humorous. I think you could write a book about your experiances in Prague! -Clara

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Kate said...

Rian has a good idea there! So does Clara!

10:42 PM  
Blogger J.P. said...

rotfl, rotfl, okay Rian.

maybe I could.

2:04 AM  
Blogger papa said...

I don’t know Rian, I think that statue would be way too small. But fortunately Prague is full of large old statues that have been the same for hundreds of years, and could use a fresh face. One great possibility is the third statue on the right, leaving Mala Strana over the Charles Bridge, which has a relief of a priest driving the devil, strapped to a plow, over a rocky hillside. Why not “enhance” this outdated stuff with today’s movers and shakers. Jacob could you be a love, and get a good picture of it, so we can get some proposals?

8:31 AM  
Blogger J.P. said...

Well I guess I could but don't call me "love" that's kinda creepy, and old ladyish. Have fun defacing the beatiful Czech statues!

11:45 PM  
Anonymous rcjohnso said...

You're not 'de-facing' them, lovey bunch. You're 'facing' them. Gloriously. (High five, papa!)

4:50 PM  
Blogger J.P. said...

oh dear.... they're teaming up

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home